Be sure to check out my other blog! http://candccollectiblecreations.com/blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Jeff Foxworthy proud

Ok...I am sure most folks are familiar with Jeff Foxworthy and his "You might be a redneck if..." jokes. Well I guess my sweet OH was trying to supply some more lines for Mr. Foxworthy.

No doubt my OH is very handy to have around. He can "fix" almost anything and I am always amazed and very appreciative of the little projects he completes for me around the house, barn, and property...but...

Last week my daughter let him know that the handle on the toilet in her bathroom was broken and ask if he could please fix it. Well of course this was around 10:00 pm on a weeknight. So he gets ups from his chair and about 20 minutes later he calls our daughter to the bathroom to show her how to work the toilet. A few minutes later I hear my daughter start to laugh so loud and say "no way Dad!"

I get the bathroom to see this...



I started laughing too and he stated that at least it would work until the weekend. All I could think is "you might be a redneck if you use a yellow string for a toilet handle!"

Thank goodness it is the weekend and all has been restored!



That's all for now...come back soon.

9 comments:

Dreaming said...

I love Jeff Foxworthy and his "You might be a redneck if..." I totally agree... the string is SO redneck! I love it!
Thanks for the laugh!

Inger said...

I think any old guy would fix it like that in an emergency. So I guess I don't agree here. Have a great weekend though. Fixed toilet and all.

Edward said...

Must be nice to have such a handy chap around, I did find the yellow string very funny, and if it worked then great, but I am sure you are glad to have a real handle now. I haven’t heard of Foxworthy but I am in England so that may explain it.
Regards
Edward

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

True Inger I am very grateful but I love the fact that my husband, daughter and I can find fun and be able to laugh at almost anything. He loves Jeff Foxworthy so it was almost a compliment! And Edward I love the fact my OH is such a handy person. Thanks.

AJ-OAKS said...

Well Sis, that is hilarious! Gonna have to put the string right up there with always having on hand duct tape and wd-40!
Gonna giggle about the string for awhile! xoxo

Leigh said...

That is too clever! Oh yes, some fix is better than no fix, especially considering the time of night it was, LOL

TinaTx said...

You have no idea how many 'you might be a redneck if' moments have happened in our household over the years! LOL
I guess I never paid close enough attention to the fact that we are that close - only about a half hour!

TinaTx said...

Now that is just funny!

fromsophiesview said...

This is so hilarious....I must remember this...I loathe toilet problems just like car problems!
Ron