Be sure to check out my other blog! http://candccollectiblecreations.com/blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

New adventures

Well here goes! My sister has been after me for months now to start a blog so I thought ok why not! She has a very successful blog titled "A Little Farm with a Big Heart". I live on three acres in the little Texas town of Alvin with my DH and many other precious babies including 3 horses, 6 dogs, 4 cats, and chickens (both rhode island reds and banties). I love my animals and I love antiques and have a booth at Dixieland Antiques here in Alvin. You can visit my facebook page titled C&C Collectibles and Antiques to see my items. I plan on sharing my thoughts, ideas, and just plan pondering on both my farm life and antique life with you guys.

For today I would like for you to meet Cyrus who is one of my newest adventures.


We purchased him about 2 weeks ago from a gentleman who was getting out of horses because of health issues. Cyrus had not been ridden for about a year and I have been working with him to get him past some issues. He does not like the bits I have been using so I am going to try a hackamore this evening. We have plans on making this my husband's trail horse. (Ok mostly my trail horse but that's what I told my husband shhhhh). He is a 10 year old paint horse and I sure hope he works out.

Well that's all for today...come back soon!

12 comments:

AJ-OAKS said...

Hello my Sister!! Welcome to the world og blogging. It is so much fun and you will meet lots of friends.
Yes, putting Cyrus in a hackamore and see how he does is a good idea.
Looking forward to reading many many more posts!!
Love ya'!

Kim said...

Good first start girlfriend. I gotta get my butt back into gear and update my blog now!

Mickey Roberts said...

You GO girl!! Congratulations! Can't wait to real all the stories.

Sharon said...

Hello! Welcome to the insanity, we lovingly call the "blogs"! Pretty horse!

John Going Gently said...

I am a friend of AJs nice to pop by
x

Tina said...

Well looks like you are off to a nice adventure, sure will be nice to follow along. :) The love of animals must run in your family. :)

Janet said...

Hello ! great first blog- I will be back ! looking forward to hearing how you get on with Cyrus !

Jim said...

Hi! Your sister threatened me to check out your blog or else!!! lol
You will have a blast in this world of blogging. Did you ever in your life expect to hear from some one in Nova Scotia for heavens sake! You will meet all kinds. Have lots of fun with it.
Jim

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Jim not once did I expect to hear from Nova Scotia but it sure is a wonderful surprise! And an equally wonderful surprise to hear from everyone.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Welcome to blogland!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

hi c c i jst found you from your sis whom i love. your pony is adorable. have you checked his teeth? he may have some sores from the lack of proper care. good luck with your new blog!

Dreaming said...

Welcome to the Blog world! Your life will never be the same again!
Welcome to the wonderful world of retirement... and you have already figured out that you don't have time for everything you want to do, and oh my, how did you ever get anything done when you worked?!
I'm looking forward to reading more about your critters.
If you get a chance, stop by my blog. I have an antique thing-a-ma-jig posted and we have no idea what it is. Maybe you've seen something like it and can spread some light on it!!!

http://livingadream2.blogspot.com/